THE GLOBAL VILLAGE PROJECT, INC.
Effective as of August 28, 2018
Welcome to the Global Village Project. This website (“Site”) is owned and operated by the Global Village Project, Inc. (“GVP”), a non-profit organization incorporated in the State of Georgia.
- Access To and Use of This Site. By accessing any part of this Site, you agree:
- Not to use this Site in such a way that disrupts, interferes with, or restricts the use of this Site by other users;
- Not to upload, display, or transmit any materials through this Site which are false, offensive, defamatory, threatening, obscene, unlawful, or which infringe the rights of any other person anywhere in the world;
- Not to reverse engineer, decompile, copy, or adapt any software or other code or scripts forming part of the Site or attempt to transmit to or via this Site any information that contains a virus, worm, trojan horse, or other harmful or disruptive component; and
- Not to change, modify, delete, interfere with, or misuse data contained on this Site and entered by or relating to any third-party user of this Site.
- Restrictions on Use of Materials. You acknowledge that the Site contains Content that is protected by copyrights, trademarks, trade dress, service marks, trade secrets, patents, or other proprietary rights, and that these rights are valid and protected in all forms, media, and technologies existing now and hereinafter developed. You also acknowledge that the Content is and shall remain the property of GVP or any other party (each a “Contributor”) who has been involved in the preparation or publication of the Content. You shall at no time assert any claims of ownership over any Content by reason of your use of or any right to use the Site and shall not grant, create or suffer to exist any lien or other security interest arising therefrom. You agree to comply with all copyright and trademark laws, and you shall not encumber any interest in, or assert any rights to, the Content. You may not modify, transmit, participate in the sale or transfer of, or create derivative works based on any Content, in whole or in part. None of the Content for our Site may be retransmitted without the express written consent of GVP. You may print copies of the Content, provided that these copies are made only for personal, non-commercial use and that you maintain any notices contained in the Content, or maintained by the Contributor, such as all copyright notices, trademark legends, or other proprietary rights notices. You shall not store electronically any significant portion of any Content. GVP authorizes you to view and use the Content on the Site solely for your personal, noncommercial use. The use of the Content on any other site, including by linking or framing, or in any networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited without GVP’s prior written approval. If you breach any of these terms, then your permission to use this Site and any materials or Content included in it automatically terminates, and you must immediately destroy any downloads or printed extracts from this Site.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. This site has been prepared with the aim of providing information about GVP, our mission, purpose, and program. INFORMATION PRESENTED ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. NO INFORMATION PRESENTED ON THE SITE CREATES A RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN GVP AND ANY OTHER PARTY. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE SITE AND THE CONTENT THEREIN ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. NEITHER GVP NOR ANY OF ITS RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, OR AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY THE “GVP PARTIES”) GUARANTEES THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY OF THE CONTENT.
NONE OF THE GVP PARTIES WARRANTS THAT THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE SITE, ITS SERVER, OR ANY FILES AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOADING THROUGH THE SITE ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL ELEMENTS. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SITE AND THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT IS ASSUMED SOLELY BY YOU.
NONE OF THE GVP PARTIES MAKES ANY, AND HEREBY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY, REPRESENTATIONS, ENDORSEMENTS, GUARANTEES, OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE SITE OR ANY CONTENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, ALL OF GVP PARTIES DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO ANY RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY OF THE GVP PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY YOUR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE CONTENT ON THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY YOUR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM THIRD-PARTY SITES TO WHICH THIS SITE IS LINKED. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO EVALUATE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION OR ANY CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY OF THE GVP PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONTENT, SERVICE, OR THE AGREEMENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY.
BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR NEGLIGENCE, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS THE GVP PARTIES’ LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IF ANY PART OF THIS LIMITATION ON LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF GVP AND ITS LICENSORS SHALL NOT EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10).
IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SITE OR WITH ANY OF THESE TERMS, OR FEEL GVP HAS BREACHED THESE TERMS, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE.
- Users Who Are Posting and Submitting Material. GVP may, at its sole discretion, allow users to upload or post content to individual user pages or to certain areas of the general Site (each a “Submission”). Furthermore, GVP may, in its sole discretion, decide whether or not to use a Submission. GVP is hereby licensed to edit, change, and remove all Content posted to the Site. You represent, warrant and agree that you will not provide any Submission which is subject to the rights of another person without first obtaining their express authorization and that you are responsible if your Submission injures another person.
You acknowledge and agree that (a) any Submission made by you is not confidential or proprietary information; (b) that GVP is under no obligation to treat your Submissions as confidential or proprietary information; and (c) that GVP may use Submissions for any purpose, without compensation or any liability to you. By posting Submissions, you automatically grant to GVP, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, global license to use, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part), distribute, create derivative works of, and sublicense your Submissions for any and all purposes. You understand that your Submissions may be used and republished.
- Complaint Procedures. GVP respects the rights of others. If you believe that any content or postings on this Site violates your intellectual property or other rights, please notify GVP by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at Damakant Jayshi, Grants & Communications Manager, The Global Village Project, Inc., Post Office Box 1548, Decatur, Georgia 30031. Your notification should include a comprehensive detailed message setting forth the following information: (a) your name and the name of your company, if any; (b) your contact information, including your email address, telephone number, and physical address; (c) the nature and substance of your complaint, the specific rights at issue, and your basis for making the complaint, including the content or posting that is objectionable and the URL; and (d) the following statement: “The statements, representations, and assertions made in this message are true, complete, and accurate, and I have the full legal authority to make each and every such statement, representation, and assertion and to make and be granted any demand made in this message.”
- Changes to this Agreement and Termination. GVP reserves the right to amend the Agreement at any time by posting the amended terms on the Site. GVP reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to restrict, suspend, or terminate the Agreement and your access to all or any part of the Site or the Content at any time and for any reason without prior notice or liability. GVP reserves the right to change, suspend, or discontinue all or any part of the Site or the content at any time without prior notice or liability.
- User Must Comply with Applicable Laws. The Site is based in the State of Georgia. GVP makes no claims concerning whether the Content may be downloaded or are appropriate for use outside of the United States. If you access the Site from outside of the United States, you are solely responsible for ensuring compliance with the laws of your specific jurisdiction.
- Jurisdiction and Choice of Laws. The Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia, except with regard to its conflicts of law rules. Any action relating to the Content, Site, or the Agreement must be brought in the federal or state courts located in the metropolitan Atlanta, Georgia area, and you hereby irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of such courts. Any cause of action you may have with respect to the Content, Site, or the Agreement must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arose, or is barred.
- Miscellaneous. In the event that any portion of the Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the invalid or unenforceable portion shall be construed in accordance with the applicable law as nearly as possible to reflect the original intent of the Agreement, and the remainder of the Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. The paragraph headings herein are provided only for reference and shall have no effect on the construction or interpretation of the Agreement. GVP’s failure to enforce your strict performance of any provision of the Agreement will not constitute a waiver of its right to subsequently enforce such provision or any other provision of the Agreement. Neither the course of conduct between you and GVP nor trade practice shall act to modify any provision of the Agreement. The Agreement contains the entire agreement between you and GVP for the Site and supersedes all existing agreements and all other oral, written, or other communication between you and GVP concerning its subject matter. You agree to use the Content and the Site only for lawful purposes. You are prohibited from any use of the Content or the Site that would constitute an illegal offense, give rise to liability, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law or regulation.
THE GLOBAL VILLAGE PROJECT, INC.
Effective as of August 28, 2018
- Donor Privacy. We will not sell or share our donors’ information with any other entity, nor will we send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations. This policy applies to all information received by GVP, both online and offline.
- Information GVP Collects and How It is Used. When you interact with us through the Site, certain information may be collected, as follows:
- Sensitive Information. It is GVP’s policy to not collect sensitive user information such as your race, ethnic origin, political opinions, or religion through the Site. We ask that you not upload or otherwise send this information to us through the Site. If you request to become a volunteer with GVP, you may be asked to provide your age or date of birth in order to determine your eligibility. When we request or invite you to provide sensitive information, we will only do so with your express consent, in accordance with applicable law. If you provide us with sensitive information that we did not request, we reserve the right (but do not have any obligation) to erase any such information at our discretion. Again, you can always choose not to provide some or all of the information that we request.
- Information from Children under the Age of 13. In general, this Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and typically GVP does not knowingly collect or use any Personal Information from children under the age of 13 through the Site. However, certain sections of the Site are made available to children under the age of 13 solely for educational purposes and may collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. Children under the age of 13 should always ask their parents or guardians for permission before providing any Personal Information online. We urge parents and guardians to participate in their children's online activities and use parental control or other web filtering technology to supervise their children’s access to the internet.
- Passively Collected Information. As you navigate the Site, certain Personal Information may be passively collected, meaning it is gathered without you actively providing it. This is done to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for our users and their devices and as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure. We use the following techniques in the following ways:
Technical Information – We may collect technical information from you such as the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, your manner of connecting to the internet, your internet protocol address, other information about your geographic location, and/or the domain name of your internet service provider.
Cookies and Similar Technology - A cookie is an alphanumeric identifier which we transfer to your computer via your browser and store on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies are used to collect non-identifying user information, such as user preferences. We do not use data collected by cookies to identify who you are. GVP uses two different types of cookies: (i) session-based and (ii) persistent cookies. Session-based cookies expire and terminate once you close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your computer until you remove them. Persistent cookies are used to provide website analytics. You can manually delete all cookies within your browser’s settings.
Social Media Tools – The Site includes tools that connect you to your social media accounts. These features may set a cookie or use other automatic collection and tracking technologies to collect information about you and your use of the social media features through and in connection with our Site. These social media tools may be hosted by a third party. Your interactions with these tools and the corresponding social media platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide such platforms.
Do Not Track Signals - We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals as we do not track our users across third-party websites.
- Information Security. While no transmission of information over the internet is fully secure, GVP will take reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information collected through the Site from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
The Global Village Project, Inc.
Attention: Damakant Jayshi
P.O. Box 1548
Decatur, GA 30031